School Values and Ethos
‘Believe Achieve Succeed’
Happiness and a sense of belonging are the keys to success, and at Kanes Hill Primary School we hold this at the heart of all we do. We are committed to providing a positive, safe and stimulating environment, that supports us in delivering memorable and purposeful experiences. By creating curious minds, we encourage a thirst for learning and a willingness to take risks. We nurture children within our Kanes Hill family and our wider Inspire Learning Partnership to be respectful of themselves, each other and of our world, and be the best they can be: proud of who they are.
At the core of everything we do, we live and learn by these Inspire values:
Children who are confident in their own ability learn better and faster. They concentrate more, think harder and find learning more enjoyable. Therefore, we have devised four superheroes who have essential learning skills and we teach these skills alongside every other subject.
We believe that the primary years at school are a vital part of the whole development of each child. In support of that belief we strive to:
- Achieve the highest standards in learning and behaviour
- Encourage a sense of self-worth as well as respect and tolerance for others
- Encourage children to develop positive attitudes to life and to learning
- Provide an exciting curriculum that is motivating, creative and fun
- Actively promote British Values - tolerance, rule of law, justice, respect and liberty
- Ensure that children flourish and achieve their full potential.
- Engage the support of parents and community in the process of learning.
- Encourage children to develop personal, spiritual and cultural values.
- Our ultimate aim is to give all our children the confidence and enthusiasm to become lifelong learners in an ever changing world.