Special Educational Needs (SEND)
Kanes Hill Primary utilises key documentation and legal frameworks to ensure high quality provision of all pupils, including those with Special Educational Needs. Our Policies and frameworks are written and following in line with the following guidance and documentation:
- Equality Act 2010: advice for schools Department for Education, Feb 2013
- SEND Code of Practice 0 – 25 (2015)
- Schools SEND Information Report Regulations (2014)
- The National Curriculum in England Key Stage 1 and 2 framework document Sept 2013, updated
- July 2014.
- Teachers Standards 2012
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Regulations 2014
- The Engagement Model July 2020
Inclusion and equality for all children to learn, achieve and celebrate together through a holistic approach to both learning and pastoral support which ultimately leads to personal achievement and participation in the wider society.
- To be Innovative, flexible and responsive in providing targeted personalised provision to empower all children to aim high and achieve their best in all aspects of learning and self-development.
- To offer an inspiring, broad and balanced curriculum with higher quality inclusive teaching: fosters respect in collaboration and communication, builds self-confident, independent learners and children who enjoy school and the relationships they build.
- To provide accessible information that educates and empowers families, by raising awareness of different forms of intervention or therapy and creating a learning community whereby entitlement, opportunity and challenge are championed and children have a voice in the support offered.
- To remain at the forefront of SEND development, locally, regionally and nationally by offering outstanding SEND training, support and professional partnerships.